The Sage Hill Inn & Spa Story
Sage Hill Inn & Spa sits atop a hill on 88 acres above Onion Creek, with sweeping views of the Hill Country to the West. The location offers beautiful views of the Hill Country, the ideal setting for a romantic Texas getaway. The sunsets are spectacular and because the night sky is unimpaired by city lights, you can enjoy a sweeping view of the stars. Our bed and breakfast land is rich with wildlife including: deer, blackbuck antelope, wild turkey, foxes, raccoons and abundant birdlife. Take a look at our extensive Photo Gallery to get a better picture of our Hill Country getaway!
The Inn was purpose-built as an inn and restaurant in 1994 and has undergone a large renovation including a huge pool deck, a 14-person hot tub, the Garden Spa facility, a large outdoor fire pit, multiple room remodels, a doubling of the hot water heating capacity and an expansion of 25,000 more gallons of rain water storage.
Our goal is to provide you with an unmatched value for destination lodging, dining and spa services. We are a luxury resort catered to adults only, as such, all registered guests must be at least 16 years of age or older. In our kitchen, we have switched to almost 100% locally purveyed ingredients and have been mentioned among the best restaurants in the Austin area. We also began serving a hand-picked selection of some of the top wines in the country as well as a selection of local beer.
Covid-19 Liability Disclaimer
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even possibly in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death.
Sage Hill Inn & Spa cannot prevent you [or your spouse, family, or child(ren)] from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while utilizing Sage Hill’s services or premises including but not limited to our rooms, pool area, grounds, restaurant, spa or anything else related to the Sage Hill Inn & Spa. It is not possible to fully prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to utilize Sage Hill Inn & Spa’s services and/or enter onto our premises you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By staying with Sage Hill Inn & Spa, you agree to have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19 and hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself and/or my children in order to utilize Sage Hill Inn & Spa’s services and enter our premises. These services are of such value to you that you are accepting the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to utilize Sage Hill Inn & Spa’s services and premises in person.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/LIABILITY: By booking a reservation with Sage Hill Inn & Spa, I hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against Sage Hill and its owners, officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, or other representatives in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to utilizing Sage Hill’s services and premises. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.
CHOICE OF LAW: I understand and agree that the law of the State of Texas will apply to this contract. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE, AND FREELY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUME THE RISK AND WAIVE MY RIGHTS CONCERNING LIABILITY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
The Sage Hill Inn & Spa has one of the largest grounds of any Texas hotel, resort or bed and breakfast. With miles of hiking and biking trails to explore, including the “overlook” which sits atop a cliff side eighty feet above Onion Creek, there are endless stunning views of the hills surrounding the Sage Hill Inn. Our 25 yard-long pool and spa, partially shaded by large native oaks, is another great place to relax and take in the beauty of the Hill Country or swim a few laps. We also have a bocce court, washer boards, and two horseshoe pits, as well as a large outdoor fire pit which is perfect for relaxing under the stars. If you are planning a romantic getaway, honeymoon, girlfriend getaway, Hill Country wedding, family reunion, business meeting or marriage retreat, we would love for you to visit our award winning bed and breakfast.
The Sage Hill Inn & Spa is in an ideal location near Austin, right in the middle of the Hill Country Wine region, a few minutes from the Salt Lick BBQ, yet only fifteen minutes from the San Marcos Outlet Malls. You’ll feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle but be able to drive there in no time!
- Salt Lick BBQ – 12 minute drive
- Duchman Family Winery – 8 minute drive
- Driftwood Vineyard – 22 minute drive
- Town of Wimberley – 15 minute drive
- Wimberley Glassworks – 15 minute drive
Texas is full of great golf and Hill Country is no exception. There are several challenging courses within a very short drive.
- Plum Creek – a short 10 min drive from Sage Hill. Driving Range, putting green, 18 hole championship course. Slope of 125, course rating 74.
- Grey Rock Golf Club – Great course in South Austin at Circle C Ranch twenty minutes away. It’s a challenging course with beautiful oak lined fairways. Slope of 130, course rating 73.4.
- Quicksand at Woodcreek – located 15 minutes away in Wimberley. It’s narrow fairways challenge you to hit it straight. Slope of 116, course rating 70.9
In addition to local hiking options, Sage Hill features over three miles of hiking trails that run down the cliffs, along the creek, and around the property. The scenic trails are great for a morning walk or run! Stop by the front office for a trail map, or you can view the map right here: Sage Hill Hiking Map. We’ve prepared a detailed Nature Guide as well that lists dozens of native Texas plants and geological features you’ll find in the area.
- Hamilton Pool Preserve – An amazingly beautiful natural pool that is located in a box canyon 30 miles away. You take a quarter mile hike down into the canyon where you will be greeted by 100 ft Cypress trees lining the creek that flows out of the pool. At the end of the canyon there is a 50 foot waterfall that pours down into the pool year round! Swimming is allowed at certain times of the year and there is a small sandy beach where you can lay out and enjoy the sun.
- Pedernales Falls State Park – Blanco County, east of Johnson City, is a beautiful Texas state park where you can hike,tube,mountain bike and fish.
Swimming is always a favorite Texas past-time in the heat of the summer. The crystalline waters of spring-fed swimming holes are everywhere. You can swim or go tubing in the San Marcos, Guadalupe, Comal, and Blanco Rivers – all within 45 minutes. Several other fun options are also nearby!
- Texas Ski Ranch – Wakeboarding, skatepark, and more. No boat is required! Texas Ski Ranch offers a cableway system that can take up to 6 wakeboarders, skiers or kneeboarders at the same time.
- Bear Creek Stables – Horseback riding located just outside of Buda, TX, which is about 20 minutes from the Inn.
- Davis Fly Fishing Service – A guide based excursion specializing in Hill Country trout and river bass. Davis Fly fishing service offers float trips on the Blanco, Llano, San Marcos and Guadalupe rivers.
- Skydive San Marcos – Experience the thrill of a lifetime. Skydive San Marcos is the premier skydiving facility in Central Texas. Make an exciting skydive from over 10,000 ft above the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
- Bel Canto Farms – Wimberley Texas also offers horseback riding lessons and trail rides.