1. Stay at an Award-Winning 88 Acre Resort
Tucked away on 88 stunning acres complete with hiking trails, pickleball facilities, pool, hot tub, outdoor fire pits, 1 acre of gardens, an incredible restaurant & wonderful bar is the Sage Hill Inn & Spa. You have your choice from 20 casitas, cottages, suites and rooms with fireplaces, hot tubs, double showers, private patios and more. We offer the perfect Texas Hill Country home base for a summer vacation you will never forget.
- Rates include breakfast and dinner.
- Fabulous on-site day spa.
- Stunning views from every room.
- Luxury, special touches are everywhere.
- Lounging at the pool.
- Private hot tubs in select units.
Enjoy a romantic getaway just 25 miles from Austin.
2. Hit the Texas Wine Trail
Wine tasting is Texas is sure to please the most critical wine connoisseur. There are over 50 unique wineries throughout Texas Hill Country making the Texas Wine Trail a real treat. Below are but a couple wineries we recommend nearby.
Duchman Family Winery
*Photo Courtesy of the Duchman Family Winery
The Duchman was founded in 2004 and features Italian grape varieties. Patrons can enjoy tastings of six of their most popular wines and if you want a romantic outing guests can book a private tasting tour. The Duchman was also selected by HGTV as one of the 20 most picturesque wineries in the country!
- The winery is only 9 minutes from our inn.
Salt Lick Cellars
*Photo Courtesy of Salt Lick Cellars
Salt Lick Cellars has a stunning landscape with gardens and breathtaking views from the expansive patio shaded by majestic Live Oak trees. Patrons can enjoy wine and craft beer by the bottle and next door is the Salt Lick Restaurant.
- This winery is only 14 minutes from Sage Hill Inn.
3. Beat the Heat Floating on a River
There is nothing more “Texas” than floating on a river to cool off in the summertime. Rent an inner tube, slather on the sunscreen, grab a picnic basket and get ready to have some fun.
Top Float Locations:
San Marcos River in San Marcos, TX
- Great Gonzo’s Tubes & Shuttles @ 19385 San Marcos Hwy, San Marcos, TX – 28 minutes away
Guadalupe River in Canyon Lake, TX
- TubeHouse @ 12454 FM 306, Canyon Lake, TX – 37 minutes from Sage Hill Inn.
Comal River in New Braunfels, TX
- Texas Tubes @ 250 Meusebach, New Braunfels, TX – 48 minutes from the inn.
Guadalupe River in New Braunfels, TX
- Lone Star Float House @ 7430 River Rd, New Braunfels, TX – 54 minutes from the inn.
4. Find Your Inner Cowboy or Cowgirl
Experience Hill Country from an elevated perch and enjoy a horseback riding adventure.
- Bel Canto Farms – 10 minutes away.
- Horseback Adventures of Central Texas – 19 minutes away.
- Bear Creek Stables – 23 minutes from our inn.
5. Explore a National Park
Escape to Wimberly, Texas, home of the famous Blue Hole Regional Park, great wines and memorable culture in Texas Hill Country. Blue Hole Regional Park offers stunning crystal clear bright blue water which is spring fed and surrounded by the stunning Cypress Trees of Hill Country.
- Sunbathe on the grassy lawn.
- Swing on the famous rope swings.
- Enjoy a picnic.
We recommend you book your swimming reservations online.
The park also features 4 miles of hiking trails and sports courts which are free.
6. Get Your Adrenaline Going With Ziplining
*Photo Courtesy of WimberlyZipline.com
Soar high above the trees and over canyons and creeks with Wimberley Zipline. They have 10 zipline crossings that make for an unforgettable ride. Located only 19 minutes from our inn, this makes for the perfect adventurous afternoon. You can book a tour on their website.
7. Enjoy All That San Marcos Has to Offer
San Marcos is a lovely college town that is home to the country’s largest outlet mall.
- Shop at the San Marcos Outlets.
- Go on a Glass-Bottom Boat Tour.
- Paddleboard at Night with LED Lights on the San Marcos River.
8. Enjoy Craft Brews at Local Breweries
Texas Hill Country has some incredible breweries. Here are but a few we recommend near our inn.
Vista Brewing is a 21-acre brewery offering live music, stunning views, the brewery, restaurant and more. 10 minutes from the inn.
Middleton Brewing has an ever changing menu of 12 craft beers on tap and have been brewing since 2011. They also offer EZ Eats on site, music, events and food and beer pairings. They are 23 minutes away.
Roughhouse Brewing is in San Marcos and offers Farmhouse Ales, Traditional Lagers and an Underground Series that are sure to please! They are kid and dog friendly and are only 25 minutes away.
Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or a little bit of both, our Texas Hill Country Inn and Spa is the ideal location from which to call home. Book a Texas Hill Country summer vacation to remember!Book Now